The Vermont Department of Libraries and the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) are sponsoring the 2018 Vermont Teen Video Challenge. This challenge asks teens to create a short video that promotes the idea of using public libraries and reading and that includes an interpretation of the 2018 summer reading theme "Libraries Rock!"
CSLP will review all state winners during March 2018. In the spring of 2018, CSLP will award each CSLP approved State Teen Video Challenge Winner $100.00 and the teen's public library a prize worth $50 from Upstart.
The 2018 Teen Video Challenge for Vermont is open only to legal U.S. residents aged 13-18 who are also residents of Vermont. Participants are ineligible if directly related to the panel of judges for the contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
Each participant or group may submit one video per entry. Each entry must include signed model release forms for everyone in the video. All submissions must be received by March 1, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted. A DVD of the video will be requested from the winner.
Terms and Conditions
All audio and artwork must be created by the entrant or be in the public domain and must be specified as such on the entry form. CSLP (and all CSLP member affiliates) have permission to use the "2018 Teen Video Challenge" submissions, including all work created and all intellectual property embodied therein, as per the Content Release form.
- Be 30 to 90 seconds
- Promote the idea of using public libraries and reading
- Include your interpretation of the 2018 CSLP teen slogan "Libraries Rock!"
- Be designed for use at any library
- Be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages
- Have closed captioning. Here are some resources about how to add closed captioning to your video:
Videos will be judged on creativity, inclusivity, message clarity and relevance, motivation and inspiration, and overall impact.
How To Enter
- Create your video.
- Title your video: "2018 TVC-VT-Unique Name." Please choose a unique name that does not include your real name.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Fill out the Entry Form and Model Release Form.
- Mail your completed forms by March 1, 2018 to: