- Cass's Powerpoint (Overview of Early Literacy & Manual) -A big thank you to Meri Monks of Iowa for the slides!
- Interactive Movie Resources for School Aged Kids/Teens
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0HMTQwMp-N3N1RHMmtHSWZFdTA
- Wizard of Oz (Sing along): http://mclskids.pbworks.com/w/page/65295035/Wizard%20of%20Oz%20--%20Sing-Along
- Toy Story: http://mclskids.pbworks.com/w/page/97281423/Toy%20Story%20Interactive%20Movie
- Frozen (Sing along): http://lplcysd.blogspot.com/2014/12/interactive-frozen-sing-long.html
- Willy Wonka: http://pagesandprograms.blogspot.com/2013/11/willy-wonka-interactive-movie.html
- Elf and Polar Express: http://www.teenthinktank.net/teen-talk-blog/interactive-movies-for-december
- Princess Bride Interactive Movie Guide (Sam Maskell, Rockingham Free Public Library)
- Break-Out Rooms (School Aged/Teens)
- Video Recordings of Workshop
- Cass's Powerpoint (Overview of Early Literacy & Manual) - A big thank you to Meri Monks of Iowa for the slides!
- Book List/Programming Ideas for Preschool Age Kids & Summer Reading at Platt (Abby Adams, Platt Memorial Library)
- Free Programming Ideas for School Age Kids Powerpoint (Bree Drapa, Westford Public Library)
Other Useful Handouts:
Vermont Health Connect - Vermont's Health Insurance Marketplace
Open enrollment for health coverage through Vermont Health Connect (VHC) ends on December 15, 2017. Vermonters who do not have health coverage, or would like to change an existing plan for 2018, must do so by December 15, 2017.
VTLIB is working with VHC to spread the word about open enrollment, and we are asking our libraries to share this information with patrons. Below are some materials that can shared via your website/Facebook, placed on a bulletin board in your library, or even submitted to a local newspaper. We're counting on you to help Vermonters get the coverage they need!
- Link to VHC website, where patrons can find information about plans and sign up, as well as access a help line or find an in-person assister: https://portal.healthconnect.vermont.gov/VTHBELand/welcome.action
- Sample Article
- Sample Social Media Post
- 2017 Open Enrollment Poster
Upcoming Youth Services Workshops
Winter/Spring 2018 Workshop Flyer (descriptions and further details)
Click the links below to register! Some workshops have a northern session and a southern session; please sign up for the one closest to you!
Libraries Rock! Summer Reading Workshop - Rockingham
Libraries Rock! Summer Reading Workshop - Waterbury
Storytime Refresher Workshop - Manchester (This event has been rescheduled from March 9 to March 16)
Storytime Refresher Workshop - Stowe (This event has been rescheduled from March 13 to March 20)
Afterschool Workshop - Bennington ***Cancelled***
The Vermont Department of Libraries is proud to host the 2017 COSLINE Conference in beautiful Burlington, Vermont. The conference will be held October 2-4, 2017 at the Hilton Burlington.
Conference Info & Food Selection:
- Conference Agenda
- Form: Please select your boxed lunch option for October 4.
- Form: Please RSVP for dinner at the Farmhouse Tap and Grill on October 3.
- Conference Venue & Lodging - Hilton Burlington
- Transportation - Burlington International Airport
- Recreation - Burlington Attractions
Conference Presenter & Workshop Links:
- Miguel A. Figueroa - http://www.ala.org/tools/future
- Anne Sibley O’Brien - http://annesibleyobrien.com/
- Diverse BookFinder - https://diversebookfinder.org/
- We Need Diverse Books™ - http://weneeddiversebooks.org/
- VELI-STEM - http://veli-stem.weebly.com/