Online Continuing Education Opportunities
In order to continue offering Online Educational Opportunities, the Vermont Department of Libraries has paid for a number of online courses for free use by Vermont library staff. These have been purchased from Le@d. Included are courses on library services, management, technology, computer hardware and software applications, and web design and development.
After enrollment, you will have access to the course materials for one year.
Courses are self-paced. If you are unable to complete your course in one session, upon return, you will be taken to where you left off.
Before you enroll in any courses, we ask that you:
Carefully choose each course you take and read the course description and expectations purchase.
Consider that once you enroll, your course will be removed from the allotment the Department of Libraries has purchased.
Please complete one course before you enroll in another.
If you are interested in taking a course, first explore the course catalogs from each of the providers and then contact Mara Siegel at email@example.com (802) 828-2727 to obtain the coupon code for the course.
- Register on Le@d's website. Click on New user. Fill out the form using Vermont Department of Libraries as your affiliation. Once you've registered, you will not have to fill out the registration form again.
- Your e-mail address will be your account ID and you will create your own password.
- Visit the course catalog. To see all of the information about the course, click on Details.
- Once you've decided on your course, click on Add to Shopping Bag.
- Before proceeding to checkout you will need to apply the coupon code.
- Le@d will process your requests within 24 hours.
- You can access your courses by logging in to your account.
Credits earned for library-related courses may count towards the Department of Libraries' certification program for public librarians. Once you have completed the course, please complete the workshop evaluation form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your hours will be added to your record.
Questions? Contact: Mara Siegel email@example.com (802) 828-2727