WEB-BASED UNION CATALOG: WEB2
The Department of Libraries (DOL) maintains the Web-based statewide library Catalog, Web2, located at: http://web2.libraries.vermont.gov
1. From the Welcome screen, click on the <Catalog> button.
2. To search the Department of Libraries’ collections (Vermont State Library and Midstate Library Service Center) enter the search terms and then choose the type of search you wish to perform.
3. To search multiple Vermont library catalogs and selected databases simultaneously click the “Other Libraries” link in the banner at the top of the initial DOL search page. Search individually or simultaneously: DOLcat, PUBcat, K12cat, the online catalogs of VALS partner libraries, and other databases. The “Other Libraries” search currently includes all VALS libraries that meet specific technical requirements.
4. For Libraries only: To request items located via Web2, view the full record of the item and click on the Request Title via ILL or the Request Title link that appears just above the title of the item in the full record display. Those making requests are required to enter a “Library Card Number” and PIN. (For assistance with card numbers and PINs: contact Midstate Library Service Center (MLSC) in Berlin at 802-828-2320 or the State Library in Montpelier at 802-828-3268). A copy of each request will be sent electronically to the corresponding VALS email; check the email to confirm that the request was submitted successfully. Detailed instructions for making requests can be found in the Help documentation. (Click on the Help link at the top of the Interlibrary Loan Request page for instructions.) Please note: Only VALS participants in good standing are eligible to request items via Interlibrary Loan in Web2. Eligible school libraries will have made the annual contribution to the VUC or K12cat union catalog and check their VALS e-mail as agreed on a twice-per-week basis when school is in session.
5. For the form to submit record to K12cat records: click here
6. In Web2, the link to “My Account” is found in the banner at the top of most pages of the catalog. On this page (after entering a valid library card number and PIN), libraries may view the list of items checked out from the Department of Libraries’ collections, renew items that are not overdue and that have not been renewed previously, and view a record of current fines and fees charged against the account. Please note that items borrowed from other VALS libraries (public, school, or college) will not appear on this list of items your library has checked out.