Division of Library Development and Support Services
The Division of Library Development and Support Services includes:
- Regional Libraries/Library Consultants
- Midstate Regional Library/Consutlant (MRL), Berlin
- Northeast Regional Library/Consultant (NERL), St. Johnsbury
- Regional Consulting Offices - Bellows Falls and Rutand
- Children's Services Consultant/Children's Book Exhibit Center (CBEC)
It provides a service of advice and consultation to all libraries, in the state, including library staff, trustees, administrators and other local officials, in order to assist them in professional library practices and in realizing their potential. The Division maintains a general library collection of a sufficient size and scope to reinforce and supplement the resources of local libraries. It compiles and publishes annual statistics covering all libraries in the state. Division staff participates in seminars, workshops and other programs to increase the professional competence of librarians in the state and develops and implements minimum standards for public libraries. The Division targets library and information services to underserved rural communities, including children (from birth through age 17).