Vermont Arts Council Cultural Facilities Grant
The Cultural Facilities grant program is administered by the Vermont Arts Council in conjunction with the Vermont Historical Society and the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation. These grants are intended to help Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities enhance, create or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include:
- Improvements such as wiring, heating, ADA accessibility features (elevators, lifts, assistive listening systems, ramps and bathrooms), lighting and stage work.
- Building improvements, permanent display panels and/or exhibit cases, permanent infrastructure or fixed equipment expenses. (Fixed equipment improvements must include where appropriate features to improve accessibility such as assistive listening devices with a sound system. They may include a portable element, such as microphones for a sound system, if it is only to be used within the building.)
- Wireless/broadband capacity will be eligible only for the purpose of enhancing programming capacity.
New construction may be considered if it is the only option for making access improvements to an historic building. Then, only the expenses directly related to the accessible component of the project can be considered as part of the grant request.
Funds will not be granted for:
- Overhead, operating support, studies, surveys, engineering reports or architectural fees, programming, or expenses for a temporary exhibit.
- Multi-year projects.
- Routine maintenance such as exterior or interior painting, carpeting or anything else requiring regularly-scheduled upkeep.
- Appliances (such as refrigerators and stoves) and moveable furniture or rugs.
- Major structural repairs to foundations, roofs, windows, etc. are generally not funded.
For additional information and to submit an application visit the Vermont Arts Council website.
Program Director and 504/ADA Coordinator
|Deadline:||May 1, 2014|
|To Apply:||Applications must be submitted online.|