The Department will be moving this summer! The entirety of our staff and holdings will be moving from the Pavilion Building (in Montpelier) and Midstate Regional Library (in Berlin) to the Vermont Historical Society Building (in Barre).
The Department will be closing on Friday, June 15, for the move; we will not be open to the public or state employees during this transitional period. VTLIB staff can still be contacted via email and phone during this time. The move is scheduled to be complete on July 2, 2018.
Our Interlibrary Loan services will also be closing during this period:
- Starting on June 15 we will not be loaning items from our collection. We will resume loaning items from our collection on July 9.
- We will not be requesting items from out of state libraries between June 15 and July 9 as well. Please mark these dates and submit any out of state requests before June 15, or anticipate that they will not be processed until July 9.
After July 2, 2018, visitors to the Department of Libraries will be required to make an appointment.
VTLIB will move to a closed stacks/appointment only model following the move to Barre.
The same research collections and resources will still be available, including:
- The Foundation Center for grants research
- Historical Vermont directories and Vermont Census materials
- Grants print collection
- Professional Development print collection
- Vermont Legislative History print collections
- Vermont fiction and non-fiction collections
Due to space contstraints, there will be one computer for public use. This computer will be for research only and can only be used by appointment only.
To make an appointment to use these resources, please contact April Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.