2016 Association for Rural & Small Libraries Conference Scholarship
The Department of Libraries will award up to five scholarships for Vermont librarians to attend the 2016 conference of the Association for Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL). Each scholarship recipient will receive an award of $1400 to attend the one day pre-conference and the three-day main ARSL conference, scheduled for October 26-29, 2016 in Fargo, North Dakota. Library directors are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2016.
Read the full scholarship announcement.
- Be a permanent employee of a Vermont public library.
- Have an MLS, or currently have or be working towards a Vermont Public Librarian Certification.
- Have not attended an ARSL conference in the past five years.
- Agree to report on the conference within 12 months at a Department of Libraries' workshop or webinar.
- Agree to submit a written report by December 16, 2016.
- Receive prior approval from the Library Director (when applicable) and the Chair of the Library Board of Trustees (or designee) to attend the conference.
- (Note: Priority will be given to candidates who can attend the Pre-Conference on October 26. Attendees who are not able to register for the Pre-Conference will receive a reduced scholarship of $1,300.)
Scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging their own registration and travel, with guidance from the Department of Libraries. Attendees will be required to submit receipts for all expenditures covered by the scholarship. All scholarship recipients will be required to pay for membership in ARSL in order to register for the conference at the member rate.
Scholarship funds can be used to cover: ARSL membership; airfare; mileage; airport parking; hotel; meals; ground transportation; and conference registration.
This year's conference will be held in Fargo, North Dakota, October 26-29, 2016.
To apply: 2016 ARSL Scholarship Application
Read more about the 2016 ARSL Conference.
Questions about the conference or the scholarship? Contact: Mara Siegel