Continuing Education Program for Virtual Attendance at the 2021 Association for Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL) Conference
October 20-23, 2021
Vermont Department of Libraries LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT (LSTA)
Continuing Education Program Guidelines
State Fiscal Year 2022 - Federal Fiscal Year 2021
The Department of Libraries’ Continuing Education focus is to assist librarians in understanding specific aspects of library science with the ultimate goal of improved library services for patrons.
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) (from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries) funds are allocated for library personnel to attend the virtual component of the 2021 ARSL Conference. This funding covers virtual conference attendance for Vermont active library personnel. The intent of this program is to make online continuing education available to as many Vermont library staff as possible to expand their understanding of, and keep current on, library trends and practices, and to provide an opportunity to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
Refer to the guidelines and directions below for completing the application form for the Continuing Education (CE) Program for Attendance at the virtual component of the 2021 ARSL Conference.
General Information and Eligibility
- This funding is to participate in the virtual component of the 2021 ARSL Conference.
- Slots are available for 20 active Vermont public library staff, trustees, and volunteers.
- Attendance is initially offered to one person per library, with multiple attendees from the same library considered if spots are available.
- VTLIB will make direct payments to ARSL to pay for participants rather than disperse funding to libraries.
Priority will be given in the following order:
- Library staff
- Trustees and volunteers if funding remains after all interested and qualified staff have received funding
- Applicants who are first-time conference attendees
- Applicants who have never received VTLIB conference support
- Applicants who do not receive conference attendance support from their libraries
- Applicants affiliated with small, rural libraries
Continuing Education Units for the Department of Libraries Certificate of Public Librarianship will be awarded for conference attendance. Contact the Continuing Education Consultant, Joy Worland, at the Dept. of Libraries for details. Joy.firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-798-2567
Application Process & Submission
- Anyone interested in participating in this opportunity must apply through the form available at https://bit.ly/3xEpuYn. Applications are due 11:59pm August 12, 2021.
- Applicants must be actively associated with a Vermont library as an employee, a regular volunteer, or trustee and/or be an active participant in the VTLIB Certificate of Public Librarianship program.
- By filling out this application, applicants certify that they have approval from their library management to attend.
- By filling out this application, applicants commit to attending the entire virtual component of the conference. If a person is unable to attend due to emergency reasons after committing, they agree to let VTLIB know immediately, with the understanding that that if they do not attend, they may be asked to reimburse the registration fee to VTLIB.
- Applicants must commit to participating in a post-conference webinar hosted by VTLIB and to completing a VTLIB Project Outcome survey after attending the conference.
- Awards will be announced to applicants by email.
Contact Joy Worland, email@example.com, 802-798-2567 with questions about this application or this conference opportunity.
To submit a comment or question about the administration of LSTA funds, please contact the Vermont Department of Libraries, State Librarian, Jason Broughton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-636-0031.