APPLICATION #7R1377-2 RESCHEDULED PRE-HEARING CONFERENCE
Boardwalk, LLC (c/o J. Hutchins, Inc. 88 Rogers Road Richmond, VT 05447) filed application #7R1377-2 for a project described as a replacement asphalt plant with “blue smoke” air pollution controls, and addition of Air Pollution Control Permit to Construct and Operate, issued by the Air Quality & Climate Division of the Agency of Natural Resources. The project is located at 928 Vermont Route 58E in Irasburg, VT.
Due to ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, the NRB is taking additional safety measures to protect our employees and the public, therefore the Prehearing Conference WILL BE HELD REMOTELY. Accommodations will be made for anyone seeking to remotely participate in the Prehearing Conference.
Steps for Participating in the Prehearing Conference Hearing Remotely
1. The platform we will be using is Skype.
2. Download the Skype software and create an account. Download here: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
3. Each person who plans to participate should email the District Coordinator no later than Wednesday, May 27 at 4:30pm indicating their intent to participate. Each person will then receive a Skype meeting invitation via email, with both a direct link for participating in the conference via video or telephone. If you had already contacted the Coordinator to request the Skype meeting invitation for the May 1 prehearing conference, you will receive the
Skype meeting invitation for the rescheduled May 29 prehearing conference, you do not need to request it again.
4. If you are unable to participate using the Skype platform or are unable to notify the District Coordinator ahead of time that you intend to participate, you may still attend the PHC by telephone, as follows:
Join Skype PHC by Phone, Dial-in Number: 1 (802) 828-7667
Conference ID: 968923635
5. If you plan to introduce any new exhibits into the record or reference any documents during the PHC, please submit any such items to the District Coordinator and the Certificate of Service no later than Wednesday April 29 at 4:30 PM so that all parties may have the opportunity to review prior to the PHC.
6. At about 1:55 PM sign in or call in to the PHC. The Coordinator will initiate the Skype meeting at 1:45 PM for those who want to arrive early. The Commission’s PHC will not commence prior to 2 PM.
7. If you experience any technical difficulties or need assistance troubleshooting with Skype, the District Coordinator will be available by phone at 802-751-0126.
Preliminary PHC Agenda • 1:55 PM Arrivals • 2 PM PHC called to order by Chair • Introductions • Coordinator to verify all persons in attendance • Applicant to provide brief overview of the application • Preliminary party status & friends of the commission • Summary of issues, criteria involved • Identify evidence, documents, witnesses, stipulations, and other offers of proof to be presented at a hearing by any party • Discuss schedule for future proceedings • Adjourn
The following persons or organizations may participate in the hearing for this project: 1. Statutory parties: The municipality, the municipal planning commission, the regional planning commission, any adjacent municipality, municipal planning commission or regional planning commission if the project lands are located on a town boundary, and affected state agencies are entitled to party status. 2. Adjoining property owners and others: May participate as parties to the extent they have a particularized interest that may be affected by the proposed project under the ten criteria. 3. Non-party participants: The district commission, on its own motion or by petition, may allow others to participate in the hearing without being accorded party status.
If you plan on participating in the hearing on behalf of a group or organization, please provide the following items to the District Coordinator 48 hours in advance: (1) a
written description of the organization, its purposes, and the nature of its membership (T.10, § 6085(c)(2)(B)); (2) documentation that prior to the date of the hearing, you were duly authorized to speak for the organization; and (3) that the organization has articulated a position with respect to the Project’s impacts under specific Act 250 Criteria.
If you wish further information regarding participation in this prehearing, please contact the District Coordinator (see below) at least 48 hours prior to the start of the prehearing conference. If you have a disability for which you need accommodation in order to participate in this process (including participating in a public hearing, if one is held), please notify us as soon as possible in order to allow us as much time as possible to accommodate your needs.
If you feel that any of the District Commission members listed on the attached Certificate of Service under “For Your Information” may have a conflict of interest, or if there is any other reason a member should be disqualified from sitting on this case, please contact the district coordinator as soon as possible.
Due to COVID-19, at this time a copy of the application and plans for this project is not available for inspection by members of the public during regular working hours at the District Commission Office. The application can be viewed at the Natural Resources Board web site (http://nrb.vermont.gov) by clicking on "Act 250 Database" and entering the project number above.
Dated at St. Johnsbury, Vermont this 11th day of May, 2020.
Kirsten Sultan, P.E., Coordinator
District #7 Environmental Commission
374 Emerson Falls Road, Suite 4
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819