Continuing Education Program for Participation in Library Journal and School Library Journal’s Resilient Together: Building School and Public Library Partnerships
Wednesdays Oct 13, Oct 20, Oct 27, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET.
Vermont Department of Libraries LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT (LSTA)
Continuing Education Program Guidelines
State Fiscal Year 2022- Federal Fiscal Year 2021
The Department of Libraries’ Continuing Education focus is to assist librarians in understanding specific aspects of library science with the ultimate goal of improved library services for patrons.
The Vermont Department of Libraries has allocated Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) (from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Smith Fund, administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries) funds for library personnel to attend Resilient Together: Building School and Public Library Partnerships. This funding covers virtual training attendance for Vermont active library personnel. The intent of this program is to make online continuing education available to as many Vermont library staff as possible to expand their understanding of and keep current on library trends and practices, and to provide an opportunity to broaden their skills and knowledge base. The goal for this program is also to provide librarians with the tools they need to build partnerships with their local library colleagues.
Refer to the guidelines and directions below for completing the application form for the Continuing Education (CE) Program for Attendance to Building School and Public Library Partnerships.
General Information and Eligibility
The following slots are available for Vermont active library personnel to attend Resilient Together: Building School and Public Library Partnerships:
- 10-14 School Library staff
- 10-14 Public Library staff
- Preference will be given to applicants who apply as school/public library partners, but applications will also be accepted from schools or libraries applying independently.
- VTLIB will make direct payments to pay for participant attendance rather than disperse funding to libraries.
Priority will be given to applicants in the following order:
- Existing partnerships between schools and public libraries
- Applicants who have never received VTLIB conference support
- Applicants who do not receive training attendance support from their organizations
Continuing Education Units for the Department of Libraries Certificate of Public Librarianship will be awarded for conference attendance. Contact Joy Worland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-798-2567 with questions about getting certificate credit.
Certificate of Completion Provided by Library Journal/School Library Journal
*15 PD credits available
*Note - every district has their own Professional Standards Board that approve all PD for re-licensure so check with your district beforehand if your attendance is contingent on receiving PD credit.
Application Process & Submission
- Anyone interested in participating in this opportunity must apply through this form by 11:59pm September 19th, 2021.
- Applicants must be an active employee at a Vermont library or school.
- By filling out the application, applicants certify that they have approval from their management or administration to attend.
- By filling out the application, applicants commit to attending the entire training. If a person is unable to attend due to emergency reasons after committing, they agree to let VTLIB know immediately, with the understanding that that if they do not attend, they may be asked to reimburse the registration fee to VTLIB.
- Applicants must commit to participating in a post-conference Round Table presentation hosted by VTLIB and to contributing to a best practices document.
- Applicants must commit to completing a VTLIB Project Outcome survey after attending the conference.
- Awards will be announced to applicants by email.
Contact the Youth Services Consultant, Jonathan Clark, at the Dept. of Libraries for details. Jonathan.email@example.com 802-249-3920.
To submit a comment or question about the administration of LSTA funds, please contact the Vermont Department of Libraries, State Librarian, Jason Broughton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-636-0031.