Continuing Education Program for Attendance at the 2021 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference (virtual)
June 23-29, 2021
Vermont Department of Libraries LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT (LSTA)
Continuing Education Program Guidelines
State Fiscal Year 2020- Federal Fiscal Year 2021
The Department of Libraries’ Continuing Education focus is to assist librarians in understanding specific aspects of library science with the ultimate goal of improved library services for patrons.
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) (from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries) funds are allocated for library personnel to attend ALA Annual Conference 2021. This funding covers virtual conference attendance for Vermont active library personnel. The intent of this program is to make online continuing education available to as many Vermont library staff as possible to expand their understanding of and keep current on library trends and practices, and to provide an opportunity to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
Refer to the guidelines and directions below for completing the application form for the Continuing Education (CE) Program for Attendance at the 2021 ALA Annual Conference.
General Information and Eligibility
The following slots are available for Vermont active library personnel to attend the 2021 ALA Annual Conference:
- 1 Academic Librarian
- 2 School Librarians
- 4 Public Librarians
- Attendance will be offered to one person per library, with multiple attendees from the same library considered if spots are available.
- VTLIB will make direct payments to ALA to pay for participant attendance rather than disperse funding to libraries.
Priority will be given to applicants in the following order:
- Applicants who are first-time conference attendees
- Applicants who have never received VTLIB conference support
- Applicants who do not receive conference attendance support from their libraries
Continuing Education Units for the Department of Libraries Certificate of Public Librarianship will be awarded for conference attendance.Contact the Continuing Education Consultant, Joy Worland, at the Dept. of Libraries for details. Joy.email@example.com, 802-798-2567
Application Process & Submission
- Anyone interested in participating in this opportunity must submit the application form by 5pm March 12, 2021.
- Applicants must be an active employee at a Vermont library.
- By filling out the application, applicants certify that they have approval from their library management to attend.
- By filling out the application, applicants commit to attending the entire conference. If a person is unable to attend due to emergency reasons after committing, they agree to let VTLIB know immediately, with the understanding that that if they do not attend, they may be asked to reimburse the registration fee to VTLIB.
- Applicants must commit to participating in a post-conference Lightning Round presentation reflecting on their conference experience. This will be hosted by VTLIB.
- Applicants must commit to completing a VTLIB Project Outcome survey after attending the conference.
- Awards will be announced to applicants by email.
Contact Joy Worland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-798-2567 with questions about this application or this conference opportunity.
To submit a comment or question about the administration of LSTA funds, please contact the Vermont Department of Libraries, State Librarian, Jason Broughton, email@example.com , 802-636-0031 .