Continuing Education (CE) Program for Attendance in Live Webinars
Vermont Department of Libraries LIBRARY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY ACT (LSTA)
Continuing Education Program Guidelines
State Fiscal Year 2020 - Federal Fiscal Year 2019
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) (from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries) funds are allocated for library personnel to attend live webinars offered through LibraryWorks and PCI Webinars. This funding covers webinar attendance for Vermont library personnel through the end of CY 2020 or while funds last. Then intent of this program is to make online continuing education available to as many Vermont library staff as possible to expand their understanding of, and keep current on, library trends and practices, and to provide an opportunity to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
Vermont library personnel are eligible to participate in up to three webinars per person. Spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis (note that we cannot guarantee a space in a specific class). VTLIB needs your application form at least 48 hours in advance of a scheduled class.
Refer to the guidelines and directions below for completing the application form for the Continuing Education (CE) Program for Attendance in Live Webinars.
- Vermont library personnel are eligible to participate in up to three live webinars per person.
- Funds will initially be allotted one webinar per person, based on the applicant's first choice and webinar availability. Any remaining funding will be applied to second and/or third webinars per person until funding runs out.
- VTLIB will make direct payments to webinar hosts to pay for participants rather than disperse funding to libraries.
- Spaces are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. Funds are limited and once all program funds are committed, no more awards will be made.
- Anyone interested in participating in this opportunity must apply through the form available at https://bit.ly/3eVJ0GG by 3pm May 4, 2020. If there is funding available after this date, we will open up the registration for another round.
- Library personnel may attend up to three webinars per person under this program.
- Vermont public library staff are the target audience for this program. Regular volunteers are also eligible.
- The program application is specifically for attendance of up to three webinars per person through LibraryWorks and PCI Webinars.
- The Department of Libraries’ focus with this program is to assist attendees in understanding specific aspects of library science with the ultimate goal of improved library services for patrons. Continuing Education Units for the Department of Libraries Certificate of Public Librarianship will be awarded for webinar participation. Contact the Continuing Education Coordinator, Joy Worland, at the Dept. of Libraries for details.
Application Process & Submission
- For multiple staff attendees from one library, each employee must complete a separate application form.
- Applicants must submit the online application form [LINK] to be considered. Webinar registrations directly through LibraryWorks or PCI Webinars are not eligible for this program. Applications must be received by 3pm May 4, 2020.
- Applicants must be an employee or regular volunteer at a Vermont library.
- By submitting the application, applicants certify that they intend to attend the webinar they applied for. They further certify that they have the support from their library to attend.
- Awards will be announced to applicants by email.
Contact Joy Worland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802.798.2567 for questions.
To submit a comment or question about the administration of LSTA funds, please contact the Vermont Department of Libraries, State Librarian, Jason Broughton, email@example.com , 802.636.0031