The Vermont Department of Libraries has joined the state libraries of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire in a partnership with ALA Publishing to offer a five-part library management training series for staff of small and rural libraries. This five-part webinar series is available free of charge to any library staff member or volunteer in Vermont.
Each 90-minute event covers a crucial area of library management and will be taught by an experienced librarian who has worked extensively with rural librarians. Each webinar will include a lecture, handouts and ample time for Q and A. All events will be recorded, so even if you’re unavailable to attend live, you can still access the information and learn afterward.
Completion of all five webinars plus a ½ day VTLIB administration workshop (date TBD) will fulfill the Vermont Certificate of Public Librarianship Basic Public Library Administration requirement.
People enrolled in the Vermont Certificate of Public Librarianship who attend individual webinars will receive 1.5 CEUs per webinar, Elective category. Proof of attendance will be required to receive credit.
The five events are:
- Supervising Library Staff: A Guide for the Rural Library Manager: Jan 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm
- Balancing Library Management with Day-to-Day Responsibilities: A Guide for the Rural Library with John Moorman: Jan 31, 2020 at 1:00 pm
- Hiring and Recruiting Library Workers: A Guide for Small and Rural Librarians with Catherine Hakala-Ausperk: February 7, 2020 at 1:00 pm
- Building Community Partnerships: A Rural Library’s Guide with Andrew Sanderbeck: February 14, 2020 at 1:00 pm
- Library Security for Small and Rural Libraries with Dr. Steve Albrecht: February 21, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Register here - https://bit.ly/359u0Pp
You can register for the entire series or the individual events in any combination you like. Take note of the time zone when you register as multiple time zones are listed! If you have questions about the webinars, please contact ALA Publishing at email@example.com . For Vermont-specific or CPL questions, please contact Joy Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org .