Archives for the Department's listservs are available to subscribers. To login, you will need to setup a password, which you will use along with your email address. As long as you click the Change Globally checkbox (step 6 below), you’ll only need to do this once and it will apply to all of your subscriptions.
The archives go as far back as February 2018, when we updated to our current listserv system. Unfortunately, there is no global search, you can only view month-by-month - so it helps if you know the rough timeframe of what you're looking for.
Reset your Password
The system automatically gave you a password when your account was setup, but it didn’t let you know what it was. So, our first step is to reset your password:
Go to the Options Page for Users for a list that you are subscribed to:
- Staff - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.staff
- Courier - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.courier
- ILL - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.ill
- Small & Rural Libraries - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.smallrural
- Trustees & Friends - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.trustfriend
- Verso - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.verso
- VTYAC - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/options/lib.vtyac
Enter your address in the field labeled Email address. Under Password Reminder, click Remind.
You should receive an email from @list.vermont.gov which includes your initial password. Go to the same Options Page you chose in step 1. Enter your Email address, as well as the Password from the email, and click Log in.
On the next page, under Your Lib.ListName Password go to Change Your Password. Enter a new password, and enter it again to confirm; click the Change Globally checkbox; then click Change My Password.
(click to enlarge)
It should say Password Successfully Changed at the top of the screen. This changes all of your Department of Libraries listserv subscriptions, as long as they use the same email address. Write down this new password.
- Please refrain from making any other changes on this page. If you have questions about any of the options, contact Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to Access the Archives
Go to the URL for the listserv in question (you can only login to listservs that you are subscribed to):
- Staff - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.staff/
- Courier - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.courier/
- ILL - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.ill/
- Small & Rural Libraries - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.smallrural/
- Trustees & Friendshttps://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.trustfriend/
- Verso - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.verso/
- VTYAC - https://list.vermont.gov/mailman/private/lib.vtyac/
Enter your email address and password, and click Let me in…
You will see the list archives by month. You can view by thread, subject, author, or date.
If you encounter issues or have any questions, please contact Josh at email@example.com .