Overview - Training Resources - Promotional Materials - Training Registration
Beanstack provides a mobile-friendly site for local families to participate in reading-based initiatives, including summer reading, early literacy initiatives, and bookclubs for teens and adults. Patrons have access tools to log their reading, complete activities, and earn digital badges. For staff, Beanstack makes it easy to register patrons, view reading and activity participation, and produce extensive reports.
Vermont Libraries Beanstack URL is https://vermont.beanstack.org/
- Custom, mobile-responsive site for patrons
- Family, classroom, and group registration
- Concurrent reading programs system
- Virtual points and badge system
- Reading logging system
- Book reviews system
- Administrative tools for staff to provide patron service
- Library staff “Add Reader” and “Find A Person” system
- Prize and drawings system
- Reading lists and learning track system and templates
- Data reports and insights for admins
STAFF PREVIEW of Summer Reading Challenge 2022 Info Sheet (PDF)
Beanstack Help Video: Adding account creators and readers (YouTube video)
Beanstack Help Video: Finding and editing an account or reader (YouTube video)
Setting Up a Raffle (PDF)
Beanstack: Help Center for Libraries: This a searchable page with tons of helpful information for all things Beanstack.
Recorded BeanstackEDU Training Sessions: Archive of recorded info sessions that go deeper into one element or topic.
Beanstack User Group – facebook: This is private facebook group of library Beanstack administrators who share helpful tips and help answer questions.
Recorded Sales Demo: Here's a good overview of Beanstack. Just note this is a sales video and there may be some features shown that are not part of our service plan.
- 2023 Winter Reading: The all-ages Winter Reading challenge will be available for participation on Vermont Beanstack, January 1-31, 2023. The focus of the challenge is to foster a love of reading by encouraging Vermonters to read at least 20 minutes a day and interact with their public library along the way! Participants can read books of their choosing and will also be encouraged to explore the importance of emotions, learn about the history of emojis and earn fun emoji-themed badges for logging reading, completing activities, and submitting book reviews. With the new bingo feature participants can earn badges in a row, column, or diagonal to unlock a bingo badge.
- WinterRead2023: All the Feels Marketing Materials (English)
- WinterRead2023: All the Feels Marketing Materials (Spanish)
- WinterRead2023: All the Feels Marketing Materials (Blank)
Once you open the Dropbox file, click the Download dropdown button and select Direct Download to download the materials to your computer. Next, open the zip file downloaded to your computer. By opening the zip file, the original file will appear in your downloads. From there, you can open the images you would like to use.
Training Sessions for Library Staff:
Previously recorded sessions:
- 5/03/22: Vermont Beanstack Summer Prep - 1 hour and 2 minutes (Recording)
- 1/20/21: Beanstack Orientation and Overview - 58 minutes (Recording)
- 1/21/21: Beanstack Promotion and Patron Experience - 59 minutes (Recording)
- 5/13/21: Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge Overview - 59 minutes (Recording)