Beanstack provides a mobile-friendly site for local families to participate in reading-based initiatives, including summer reading, early literacy initiatives, and bookclubs for teens and adults. Patrons have access tools to log their reading, complete activities, and earn digital badges. For staff, Beanstack makes it easy to register patrons, view reading and activity participation, and produce extensive reports.
Vermont Libraries Beanstack URL is https://vermont.beanstack.org/
- Custom, mobile-responsive site for patrons
- Family, classroom, and group registration
- Concurrent reading programs system
- Virtual points and badge system
- Reading logging system
- Book reviews system
- Administrative tools for staff to provide patron service
- Library staff “Add Reader” and “Find A Person” system
- Prize and drawings system
- Reading lists and learning track system and templates
- Data reports and insights for admins
Beanstack Help Video: Adding account creators and readers (YouTube video)
Beanstack Help Video: Finding and editing an account or reader (YouTube video)
Setting Up a Raffle (PDF)
Beanstack: Help Center for Libraries: This a searchable page with tons of helpful information for all things Beanstack.
Recorded BeanstackEDU Training Sessions: Archive of recorded info sessions that go deeper into one element or topic.
Beanstack User Group – facebook: This is private facebook group of library Beanstack administrators who share helpful tips and help answer questions.
Recorded Sales Demo: Here's a good overview of Beanstack. Just note this is a sales video and there may be some features shown that are not part of our service plan.
- 2021 VT Summer Reading Challenge Promotional Materials
- 05/13: Beanstack Summer Reading Challenge 2021 Overview - 1:00-2:00pm
Join the Department of Libraries and a representative from Beanstack, as we walk through the 2021 Summer Reading challenge that will be available to all Vermonters June 1 through August 31. We will discuss promotion and how ways to incorporate Beanstack into your summer programming. The session will be held virtually via Zoom and will be recorded. Please use the above to register with VTLIB. Then register for the Zoom meeting using the link below, after which you will receive a unique meeting link and call-in information.
Zoom Registration link: https://zoobean.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAkc-yvrj8tE91rgJWEBoMFS65J1B_yJ5iZ
1 CEU, Technology category
Previously recorded sessions:
- 1/20/21: Beanstack Orientation and Overview - 58 minutes (Recording)
- 1/21/21: Beanstack Promotion and Patron Experience - 59 minutes (Recording)