This year, Vermont Arbor Day is on Friday, May 6, 2022!
To help libraries celebrate this holiday with their communities, VTLIB is happy to partner again this year with VT Urban & Community Forestry Program, and the VT Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation. Arbor Day is a day set aside to celebrate trees and all of their benefits. In Vermont, we celebrate on the first Friday in May. This year, it is May 6, 2022. To celebrate Vermont Arbor Day and to get Vermonters outside, the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program has provided sixty-five kits for libraries with items to get families outside and learn more about trees. Below you find the PDF copies of the contents of the kit (in case you need more copies, or are not one of the libraries to receive a kit), online opportunities, and suggestions on how to make the best use for your community and patrons.
A webinar about Arbor Day and the Arbor Day Kits was held on March 14, 2022. The recording is available here.
Arbor Day Kits
There are sixty-five kits available, and libraries can request a kit by using this form. All of the Arbor Day Kits have been claimed. Thank you for your interest!
Each kit contains:
- Arbor Day Celebration Kit Instructions
- Arbor Day Craft Instructions (40 copies)
- Arbor Day - Bonus Crafts (not included in kit)
- Tree Scavenger Hunt (40 copies)
- Vermont Tree Guide designed by VT Urban & Community Forestry (40 copies)
- Laminated Tree Tags (3 per kit)
- Arbor Day/Nature Booklist (1 copy)
- Tree Benefits Activity (1 copy)
- Sugar Maple Tree seed packets (30 per kit)
Each kit will come with instructions that have ideas for activities, but you can use the resources in any manner that works for your communities.
Social Media Posts
These social media posts are available in PNG format and were created by the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program (VTUCF) to promote Arbor Day. Please download and use them to promote Arbor Day in your community, and remember to tag VTUCF on Facebook!
- Text for Social Media Posts (Word)
- Text for Social Media Posts (PDF)
- Happy Arbor Day 1
- Happy Arbor Day 2
- Trees Clean the Air
- Trees Clean Water
- Trees Cool the Streets
- Trees Create Jobs
- Trees Increase Property Values
- Trees Keep Us Healthy
- Trees Prevent Erosion
More information about Vermont Urban & Community Forestry
More information about Vermont Department of Forest, Parks, and Recreation