National Library Professional Associations
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Association of School Libraries
American Library Association
- A major voice in the library profession. View their list of divisions.
- American Library Association, Selected Offices and Roundtables
Association of Independent Information Professionals
- AIIP members provide research and consulting services across a wide variety of industries.
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries
- Church and Synagogue Library Association
- Medical Library Association
- The Society of American Archivists
Special Library Association
- Leading association for librarians in a wide range of special library and information environments, including specialized academic, legal, corporate, and government libraries.
Vermont and New England Library Organizations
- Association of College and Research Libraries, New England
Catamount Library Network
- Consortium of Vermont libraries with shared Koha catalog.
Green Mountain Library Consortium
- Consortium for collective purchasing; includes VOKAL, a Koha catalog shared by multiple Vermont libraries.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England Region
- New England Archivists
- New England Library Association
- New England School Library Association
- Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries
- Vermont Library Association
- Vermont School Library Association
Chief Officers of State Library Agencies
- Independent organization of the chief officers of state and territorial agencies designated as the state library administrative agency and responsible for statewide library development.
- 2017 COSLINE Conference - October 2-4, Burlington, VT
Digital Public Library of America
- DPLA brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world via an online portal and platform.
Institute of Museum and Library Services
- The federal agency with the mission to inspire libraries and museums to advance innovation, lifelong learning, and cultural and civic engagement by providing leadership through research, policy development, and grant making.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions
- Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit library service and research organization dedicated to furthering access to the world’s information.
- Promotes learning for all library staff by providing an open online learning community.
Organizations of Interest to Libraries
Federal Depository Library Program, U.S. Government Printing Office
- Information products from the Federal Government are disseminated through a nationwide network of libraries that, in turn, ensure that the American public has free access to the materials, in print and online. The Vermont State Library is a partial federal depository library.
- Global Libraries Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- A non-profit digital library offering free universal access to books, movies, and music, as well as billions of archived web pages.
Northeast Document Conservation Center
- The first independent conservation laboratory in the nation to specialize exclusively in treating collections made of paper or parchment, such as works of art, photographs, books, maps, manuscripts, and more.
Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project
- Authoritative source on the evolution of the Internet through surveys that examine how Americans use the Internet and how their activities affect their lives. Pew has issued a number of reports about public libraries.