The Green Mountain Book Award (GMBA), initiated in 2005, is a reader's choice award for Vermont students in grades 9 - 12. The program is intended to encourage high schoolers to become enthusiastic and discriminating readers.
The winner of the 2021 Green Mountain Book Award is With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo!
- 2021-2022 Nominees
- 2021-2022 Bookmark
- 2021-2022 Checklist Brochure
- 2021-2022 Nominee Google Slides Presentation Created by GMBA committee members Shannon DeSantis Gile and Marley Evans
- Order Green Mountain Book Award Labels
- 2020-2021 Nominees
- 2020-2021 Google Slides Presentation Created by GMBA committee members Shannon DeSantis Gile and Marley Evans
- 2020-2021 Bookmark
- 2020-2021 Checklist Brochure
- GMBA Resource Drive (includes GMBA Honor List and 2019-20 GMBA PP Presentation)
Publisher Submission Guidelines
Books to be considered by the GMBA Committee can be submitted by publishers. Five copies of each title, which will be circulated to committee members, should be sent to:
c/o Vermont Department of Libraries
60 Washington St., Suite 2
Barre, VT 05641
Books published in the current calendar year may be sent at any time during the year. However, sending books as soon as feasible makes it possible to give all books more careful consideration.
The committee reviews books from June - December of each year. In order to be considered, books must be received by the end of the calendar year in which they were published.
Publishers are invited to submit books that meet the following criteria:
- The book must have been published in the current calendar year. Reprints and compilations previously copyrighted are not eligible.
- Sequels are rarely considered. Please do not send sequels unless we specifically request a title.
- The book must be original or, if traditional in origin, the result of individual research. The retelling and reinterpretation must be the writer's own.
- All forms of writing are eligible for consideration – fiction, non-fiction, short stories, graphic novels and poetry.
- Books written by a previous recipient of the GMBA Award may be considered at the discretion of the committee.
- Books should have teens as their intended audience and be appropriate for teens in grades nine through twelve.
Questions may be addressed to Committee Chair Shannon DeSantis Gile.
The 2021-2022 GMBA committee is:
- Danielle Cotte - Colchester Middle School
- Roeki DeMaria - Waterbury Public Library
- Shannon DeSantis Gile, Committee Chair - Peoples Academy (Morrisville)
- Abby Granoff - Williston Central School
- Emily Jacobs - Winooski Middle/High School
- Alex Macomber -
- Brooke Nadzam - Williamstown Middle/High School
- Abbey Pasquence - Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Jericho)
- Teen Member - Morrisville
- Teen Member - Thetford