The Green Mountain Book Award (GMBA), initiated in 2005, is a reader's choice award for Vermont students in grades 9 - 12. The program is intended to encourage high schoolers to become enthusiastic and discriminating readers.
The winner of the 2019-2020 Green Mountain Book Award is THE POET X by Elizabeth Acevedo!
- 2020-2021 Nominees
- 2020-2021 Bookmark
- 2020-2021 Checklist Brochure
- GMBA Resource Drive (includes GMBA Honor List and 2019-20 GMBA PP Presentation)
- Order GMBA Spine Labels *only the older black&white style is available*
- List of Winners, 2006-2019
- Winners Bookmark, 2011-2019
- Winners Poster (11x17), 2008-2018
- All Past Nominees
Publisher Submission Guidelines
Books to be considered by the GMBA Committee can be submitted by publishers. Five copies of each title, which will be circulated to committee members, should be sent to:
c/o Vermont Department of Libraries
60 Washington St., Suite 2
Barre, VT 05641
Books published in the current calendar year may be sent at any time during the year. However, sending books as soon as feasible makes it possible to give all books more careful consideration.
The committee reviews books from June - December of each year. In order to be considered, books must be received by the end of the calendar year in which they were published.
Publishers are invited to submit books that meet the following criteria:
- The book must have been published in the current calendar year. Reprints and compilations previously copyrighted are not eligible.
- Sequels are rarely considered. Please do not send sequels unless we specifically request a title.
- The book must be original or, if traditional in origin, the result of individual research. The retelling and reinterpretation must be the writer's own.
- All forms of writing are eligible for consideration – fiction, non-fiction, short stories, graphic novels and poetry.
- Books written by a previous recipient of the GMBA Award may be considered at the discretion of the committee.
- Books should have teens as their intended audience and be appropriate for teens in grades nine through twelve.
Questions may be addressed to Committee Chair Kelsey Psaute.
The 2020-2021 GMBA committee is:
- Danielle Cotte - Colchester Middle School
- Marley Evans - Charlotte Central School
- Shannon Gile - Peoples Academy (Morrisville)
- Alex Macomber - Cabot School
- Brooke Nadzam - Williamstown Middle/High School
- Abbey Pasquence - Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Jericho)
- Kelsey Psaute, Committee Chair - Burnham Memorial Library (Colchester)
- Mya Violette - Spaulding High School (Barre)
- Teen Member - Montpelier