The Red Clover Book Award is designed for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. Each year thousands of Vermont school children read the 10 nominated picture books and vote for their favorite in the spring. The award has been handed out annually since 1997.
The winner of the 2019-2020 Red Clover Book Award is POTATO PANTS! by Laurie Keller!
See the vote breakdown here.
Voting results video: https://youtu.be/HuMCokmCnTU (Liv Perry, Morristown Elementary School)
2020 Red Clover Book Award Conference Materials
- Conference Recording (YouTube)
- Conference PowerPoint (PDF)
- Conference Padlet
- 2020-2021 Educator's Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Honor List (PDF)
- YouTube Playlist of Author Videos
- YouTube Playlist of MC Baker's Art Connections
- 2020-2021 Writing Prompts
- Additional Resources for The Undefeated
- Elements & Principles of Design Handout (Hannah Fjeld, Neshobe School)
2020-2021 Program Materials
- 2020-2021 Nominees
- 2020-2021 Bookmark
- 2020-2021 Individual Ballot (for classroom/library use only) PDF & JPG
- Red Clover Spine/Winner Labels
- Carrie Speranza's Red Clover & Technology/Maker Resources website
- MC Baker's art website!
Past Nominees and Winners
- Award Winners Bookmark, 2001-2020
- Winners Poster (11x17), 2010-2020
- Winner List, 1997-2020
- All Past Nominees