Prepare to apply for the Capital Project Fund opportunities by reviewing these project-related webinars hosted recently by the Department of Libraries.
- Capital Project Funds & Needs Assessment Webinar: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 from 2-3:30pm
Webinar PowerPoint (PDF updated 3/3/23)
State Librarian Catherine Delneo shared information about the two federal capital grants opportunities the Department will administer with the library community and Assistant State Librarian Janette Shaffer walked attendees through the Needs Assessment. Attendees were given the opportunity to ask questions following each segment of the presentation.
- Attracting Community Gifts to Library Capital Projects: 3/13/23
Powerpoint Presentation (PDF)
- Library Renovations: Grant Opportunities, Historic Buildings, Project Planning
- The Americans with Disabilities Act: What Libraries Need to Know
- Grant Writing for Librarians
- Library Safety and Security
- Disaster Planning for Vermont Libraries: Beginning Workshop
- Disaster Planning for Vermont Libraries: Intermediate Workshop
- Strategic Planning Series with Alliance Research
- ALA webinar on upcoming grant for improving accessibility in small, rural libraries
- Attracting ARPA and Other Municipal Support to Libraries
- How to Champion Your Library to Select Boards and Beyond
Also look for additional educational opportunities which will be announced in our resource updates and on our CE page soon.
Library Building Renovation and Construction Resources
- Print Resources (available through interlibrary loan)
- Online Resources