Interlibrary Loan

Statewide Interlibrary loan (ILL) services are administrated by the Vermont Department of Libraries Vermont Automated Library System (VALS) Web2 catalog. State employees and member libraries can search library holdings around the state and place ILL requests.

ILL and VALS Sign Up
ILL and VALS Help
Public Libraries

The majority of public and academic libraries are already signed up for VALS and Interlibrary Loan services. To check your library's status look for your Vermont Union Catalog (VUC) symbol in the Library Directory. If you do not find a symbol contact Tom McMurdo in the Technical Services Unit to sign up for ILL services.

Each member library is required to:

School Libraries

School libraries must follow many of the same requirements as public libraries. However, they also must submit an Access Agreement Form each school year.