Each year as part of the Summer Reading program, the Vermont Department of Libraries provides funding to support libraries in providing a wide array of library programming for children, teens, and families. Libraries can use funds for in-person and virtual experiential programming or to purchase materials that support summer programming.
We encourage libraries to collaborate and pool their grant money to plan programs and events that serve the greatest number of youths in the most effective manner. We also encourage libraries to support the local economy and use locally sourced materials, products, and food, as well using sustainable and eco-friendly options when possible. Using funds for local performers, artists/artisans, educators, authors, and museums/cultural institutions is highly encouraged. Recipients of the grants will be asked if and how they used funds to support the local economy in the summer grant reporting and expenditure report.
2023 Summer Programming Grant
- 2023 Summer Programming Grant Application
- Grant Guidelines
- Recording of Summer Programming Grant Information Session (2/23/23)
- Grant Certification & Expenditure Report (link will be available after grants are issued)
- February 15, 2023: Application opens
- February 23, 2023: Summer Programming Grant Info Session (registration and Teams link can be found on the Continuing Education page)
- March 15, 2023: Grant application closes
- April 12, 2023: Grant agreement due
- May 15 - September 15, 2023: Grant spending period
- September 15, 2023: Deadline for spending funds and holding performances
- November 15, 2023: Grant certification and expenditure report due
**Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.**
Read more about the Summer Reading Program here!