Theme: Remaining Vital: Your Library as Community Connector in Uncertain Times
- Dates: September 21-25, 2020
- Where: Online
- Cost: Free!
We would deeply appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to give us feedback on your conference experience. Thank you!
Monday, September 21st
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. (LIVE EVENT): Town Hall with State Librarian Jason Broughton
11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. (LIVE EVENT): Breakout Discussions
Continue the Conversation with Jason
- Not recorded
- Equitable and Inclusive Library Policies with Joy Worland
- Strategic Planning Implications during COVID-19 and Beyond with Lara Keenan
- Continue the Conversation with Jason
- Pre-Recorded Event: Keynote Speaker Susan Clark - Slow Democracy and the Power of Community
- Listserv Discussion Topic: What Successes in Community Connections has your library had during COVID-19? (Ex: new partnerships, innovative communication strategies, successful programming ideas, community building successes, etc.)
Tuesday, September 22nd
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (LIVE EVENT): Money Matters: Building Certainty in Uncertain Times with Gary Deziel
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (LIVE EVENT): What Do Librarians Really Do? A Panel of librarians, moderated by Joy Worland
- Pre-Recorded Event: Trustee Trainings with Lara Keenan: 1. Trustee Duties and Responsibilities and 2. Laws for Libraries
- Listserv Discussion Topic: How have you transferred your fundraising to the new COVID-19 environment? What new online fundraising ideas have you tried? What changes have you made to your usual fundraising techniques? What successes and challenges have you had?
Wednesday, September 23rd
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (LIVE EVENT): Successfully Navigating HR Challenges through the Pandemic for Library Trustees with Gary Deziel
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (LIVE EVENT): Library Trivia with Special Guest Amanda Gustin from the VT Historical Society
- Pre-Recorded Event: Trustee Trainings with Lara Keenan: 3. Fundraising Basics and 4. Succession Planning
- Listserv Discussion Topic: What have your trustees and Friends groups done to make sure that you have a productive and successful partnership? How do you maintain open and honest communication? What do you partner on? Do you have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)?
Thursday, September 24th
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (LIVE EVENT): A Crash Course in Communications for Library Supporters with Kathy Dempsey
- Please contact us for access to the videorecording, slides, and handout from this presentation.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (LIVE EVENT): Library Advocacy in 2020: Making the Case for Support During Uncertain Times with VT Library Association President Kevin Unrath
- Pre-Recorded Event: Trustee Trainings with Lara Keenan: 5. Community Needs Assessment, Strategic Planning, and Advocacy
- Listserv Discussion Topic: What ideas do you have for continuing your education about your roles and responsibilities as a library trustee or friend member?
Friday, September 25th
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (LIVE EVENT): Board Management with Sarah Henshaw
- Pre-Recorded Event: Do-it-Yourself Trustee Training with Joe McVeigh
- Resource Handout: Fundraising Ideas during COVID-19 compiled by Dana Rozycki, Friends of the McCullough Library, No. Bennington, VT