For any board or Trustee-related questions, you can reach out to Kevin Unrath, Consultant for Library Operations.
Contact Josh Muse via email with your name and the name of your library to sign-up for the Vermont Trustees and Friends Listserv. The LibTRUSTFRIEND listserv is designed for library trustees, Friends of the Library and staff with interest in trustees and Friends issues.
- Basic Trustee Information - "So You're a Trustee Now"
- Training Videos
- Short Orientation Videos
- Videos of Trustee Basic and Refresher Training (from 2020 Trustees and Friends Conference):
- Working Together chart
- Board Planning Matrix
- Trustees' Manual, 6th Edition
Additional Core Materials
Additional Trustee Resources
- United For Libraries, American Library Association's division for trustees and friends
- ILoveLibraries.org - Become a Library Trustee!
- Fiduciary Duties for Trustees from the Utah State Library
- Creating a Job Description for Your Library Director - a February 2019 article from United for Libraries (see bottom of page)
Open Meeting Law
For the latest information on Open Meeting Law, visit the Secretary of State's Open Meeting Law page.